Costa Rica Treatment Center strives to offer our clients a haven for recovery and well-being. With this in mind, we have taken significant steps to continue serving our current clients, their families and communities affected by addiction while simultaneously responding to the threat of coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19). We are committed to helping Costa Rican public health leaders contain this pandemic while not slowing down our daily efforts in order to meet the urgent needs of those affected by the addiction and mental health crisis.
Rest assured, we are currently monitoring, planning, and having ongoing discussions and making important decisions as the pandemic ensues—our efforts are being led by our clinical team including the Executive Director, Clinical Director and Medical Director.
What does the pandemic response include
- Our nursing team has been tasked with checking all patients, staff, and volunteers for fever regularly – the most common symptom of COVID-19
- Our team has eliminated international travel and any potential exposure to known cases of COVID-19
- CRTC leadership has implemented the highest level of infection prevention and control, sanitation and hygiene. We recently fumigated all our centers to ensure all infection possibility within our facilities are reduced.
- Our onsite supervising team has been prepped to respond quickly to any emerging situation.
- We have eliminated all on-site public events, and off-site patient activities through the end of March to reduce unnecessary risk exposure. We may extend the period depending on the evolution of the spread in Costa Rica and per the recommendations of the Ministry of Health.
- Our medical team is monitoring information and implementing the recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention in the US, the World Health Organization, and Ministry of Health of Costa Rica.
If you are already in Costa Rica you may enter our program after being thoroughly evaluated. Currently, public health officials have specifically told people in Costa Rica to stay home wherever possible. If you are interested in our program and are traveling from abroad to Costa Rica, CRTC will be able to admit you following the 14 day quarantine period. As of April 12th, 2020 Costa Rica will allow foreigners to reenter the country provided they do not show evidence of COVID-19 symptoms at which point we intend to continue serving the community of those desperately wanting to engage in our program.
For more information you may contact us at 1-800-708-3656.
Tips and resources to help you stay connected and safeguard your recovery during the pandemic
COVID-19: potential implications for people with substance use disorders
A short assessment to help determine if you should be tested for coronavirus
Primary symptoms of COVID-19
Fever, cough and/or difficulty breathing—like other respiratory illnesses and the flu
Regularly wash hands for 30 seconds.
Cover your mouth when you cough or sneeze.
Avoid handshakes, handholding, hugs and other touching.
If you are sick, stay home and contact your health care provider.
NOTE: The CDC is recommending use of N95 masks only for those people who are infected.
Please check back. We will post further updates as needed.