Brought to you by people with experience in recovery
Mental health professionals estimate that approximately 2 out of 10 addicts recover from the disease of addiction. Costa Rica Treatment Center is committed to achieving better results by applying evidence-based practices for treating those addicted to alcohol and other drugs.
We became passionate about opening a treatment center because of the shockingly low success rates and the soaring cost of treatment in the United States.
OUR CLIENTS EXPERIENCE THE FOLLOWING:
- Feelings of health, wellness and happiness.
- Deeper perspective and insights for a better life.
- Renewed purpose or direction.
- Greater acceptance of self and others.
- Less self-centeredness and more self-fulfillment.
- Creation of a sense of hope and faith.
- Loss of fear and financial worry.
- A sense of redemption from past actions.
- Creation of a sense of gratitude.
- Intuitively knows how to handle difficult situations.
- Improvement in physical and mental health.
- A new way of living found through spiritual cleansing.
- An understanding of the impacts of their disease.
- Creates an ongoing foundation required to maintain sobriety.
- Motivation to carry the message to others.
OUR RESEARCH ON DRUG REHABS
As we researched other treatment centers, we realized that most drug and alcohol treatment programs have been developed by health professionals with no personal experience with addiction. Despite the high cost of treatment provided at these centers, the results were at times ineffective due to the staff not having that connection to addiction. We decided to do something completely different by having staff with recovery experience helping those struggling to recover from addiction.
Initially, most of the clients coming to our Costa Rica Treatment Center came seeking help, having relapsed only days after being discharged from other programs. It became apparent our clients didn’t have the tools to combat alcoholism or drug addiction and a defined course of action of what was needed in order to stay sober. Many seemed very confused about why they had even relapsed in the first place.
We treat addiction as a disease. Integrating this philosophy into our psychological, and experiential programming means we help our clients understand its symptoms, which left untreated becomes worse over time with major impact to a patient’s health and wellness.
Evidence-based treatment practices and proven methods are integrated into our treatment planning to educate patients on the disease, develop relapse prevention techniques, and ultimately develop a life that is no longer impacted by drugs and alcohol.
We believe the only way to effectively treat our clients is to look beyond the obvious symptoms, identify the source of the problem, and focus on continued recovery of the whole person – mind, body and spirit.
Each addiction treatment plan is individually developed in collaboration with the client and in accordance with the client’s unique medical history, psychiatric and biopsychosocial diagnosis, spiritual condition, and cognitive level. Our programs set out to improve every aspect of the client’s life including their physical, mental, emotional, social, family, and spiritual connection.
– Apply a simple solution to a complex problem.
– Place the client’s well-being at the forefront of every decision.
– Be uncompromising in delivering the highest standards of care.
– Safeguard everyone’s basic right to affordable and effective treatment.
– Remain dedicated to new methods to provide for our patient’s continual improvement
– Advocate for practical programs of prevention.
– Carry a message of hope to those suffering from mental health issues and addiction.
– Know that no addict need ever die from addiction to alcohol and drugs.
– Challenge the status quo through innovation and results.
– Remain committed to our mission, but always flexible in our approach.
Our residential treatment program is truly comprehensive, offering clients a truly holistic experience. Our certified staff assesses the client’s individual history, their treatment needs, and develops a personalized holistic treatment plan focused on their healing mind, body, and spirit. We offer residential treatment programs of 30, 60, 90, and 120 days, although many clients sometimes choose to stay longer. Although each individual case is different, our results show that the vast majority benefit greatly from our comprehensive residential treatment program. Our holistic approach is evidenced based and proven to provide patients with addiction relief.
Our intensive outpatient program is designed exclusively for residents of Costa Rica. We understand that not everyone has the benefit of enrolling in an inpatient residential treatment program. Many have different circumstances that prevent them from staying at the center, but still desire treatment for addiction or other disorders. With this in mind, we offer qualifying clients the opportunity to continue their normal lifestyle while participating in our intensive treatment program. During our Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP), our clients take more responsibility for their treatment but are supported throughout their rehabilitation journey. We design a custom program allowing the client to continue their recovery from drug and alcohol addiction. The approach of our outpatient programs is designed toward developing an appropriate course of treatment, preventing relapse, and finding balance in their normal life while healing underlying traumas and dependencies.