What to bring & what not to bring to rehab
WHAT TO BRING
- Current prescription medication in the original pharmacy bottle with the information label intact. Also, bring a doctor issued list of all your medications and dosages. Any liquid medications must be new and sealed.
- Seven days’ worth of comfortable yet appropriate clothing including:
- Comfortable shoes, Sandals (Flip-flops), Tennis shoes, T-Shirts or Non-revealing tank tops (may not display sex, drugs, alcohol, gambling, or gang-related activities), Pants, Jeans, Shorts, Underwear, Socks, Bathing suit (must be one piece for women and board shorts for men), A light sweater, windbreaker or jacket, Belt
- Cellphone (use restricted subject to clinical staff)
- iPad, Laptop (use restricted subject to clinical staff)
- Cigarettes. If you smoke, you may bring cigarettes with you.
- Vitamins and over the counter medication. These must be new and unopened.
- Gum. Must be unopened and sealed.
- iPod or similar devices without internet access and speakers.
WHAT TO EXPECT
- Confidential personalized treatment plan
- Specialized staff and support team
- Single and double occupancy bedrooms
- Amenities including free Wi-Fi, gym, yoga, and meditation areas.
- Gardens throughout the facility
- Nutritious meals prepared daily by our gourmet Chef
- Convenience store open 7 days a week.
- Warm and welcoming living spaces
- 24/7 supervision and security
- Transportation to and from English speaking 12 step meetings.
- English speaking recovery community
- Outdoor field trips and sober fun activities
- Access to world-class beaches and nature exploration.
- Hikes complete with breathtaking views.
WHAT NOT TO BRING
- Revealing or inappropriate clothing (no reference to sex, drugs, alcohol, violence, gambling, profanity, gangs, etc.)
- Drugs and alcohol
- Narcotics or unauthorized prescription drugs
- Weapons (sharp objects, scissors, knives, guns, etc.)
- Food and drinks
- Toiletries and beauty products that contain alcohol (mouthwash, perfume, etc.)
- Unapproved of previously opened OTC medication
- Nail polish, polish remover, synthetic nail related products
- Video Games or DVD’s
- Sporting equipment.
- Aerosols of any kind
- Cleaning supplies
- Large electronics such as TV’s, gaming consoles, computer desktops, etc.
- Candles and incense
WHY COSTA RICA TREATMENT CENTER?
Most people that attend treatment centers are sheltered from external stimulus, isolated from people, places and things, and kept on lock down for the duration of their stay. People often show amazing progress while in treatment but struggle maintaining their sobriety when they leave.
Our treatment model combines the benefits of inpatient residential treatment with the complete reintegration focus of a sober living environment.
We offer a fully comprehensive treatment program in one single experience.
Our clients work through their difficulties and are afforded liberties as they meet specific recovery milestones. Unlike conventional treatment centers, at Costa Rica Treatment Center our clients are required to assume responsibility over their recovery process.
We have found this better prepares our clients to achieve lasting sobriety when they leave.
We believe the only way to effectively treat drug and alcohol addiction is to look beyond the obvious symptoms, identify the source of the problem, and focus on continued healing of the mind, body and spirit. Though we employ a multidisciplinary team, we apply a simple solution to a complex problem and utilize the twelve steps of Alcoholics Anonymous as the basis of our entire clinical program.
Our major difference is that we are clear on what is absolutely necessary to build a solid foundation for lasting recovery versus what is merely complimentary to the process. Our focus is on providing only what is essential to the recovery process of the client while they are here. We try not to distract or overwhelm the client with non-essential information or concepts.
Each stage has been carefully developed by a team of recovered addicts and alcoholics in combination with a team of highly skilled mental health professionals with extensive experience treating addiction and alcoholism.
ACCREDITED & LICENSED BY: